Wednesday 29 January 2014

House hunting

For a while now I have been constantly thinking about moving out of my parents home and into a home of my own. I would love to be able to take control of my own life, cook when and what I want to cook, wash up when I feel like doing the washing up and just generally having my own space together with my boyfriend. I have found myself going into shops like Tesco or Ikea and dreaming of buying my own kettle and toaster or owning my own saucepan set, it sounds so ridiculously sad but its true. People have even started giving me 'bottom drawer' items, a term i'd never really heard until a few weeks ago, but according to my Grandma its just items you store for when you move out. I am now the proud owner of my own tea towel and measuring spoons - how wild I am!

I have downloaded the Right Move app on to my phone and look at it every morning and night like a crazy lady searching for any house that may just be the one.

If only it wasn't so bloody expensive! I'm saving like crazy and have been for a couple of years now but with houses being so expensive I feel like I still have a long way to go. My boyfriend currently doesn't have any savings, so for now its all me and i'm trying to save every penny that I can. If anybody has any tips they would like to offer on moving house or saving money then please be my guest! Any advice is good advice when you are as desperate as I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment